Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A day in the life

I told you that Cody was beyond normal....below is an excerpt from my life with the craziest dog on four legs.

Ring Ring!

Me: Hello?

DH: We might have a problem...Cody at 3 corn cobs and isn't feeling that well...

Me: Shit

Fast forward an hour

Vet: He's going to need emergency surgery and it will cost you $2,000

Me: Double shit.

Fast forward two hours.

Emergency vet: Well it looks like your dog has just defined 20 years of veterinary science and he will be just fine without surgery. Your dog truly is a miracle.

Me: I need a drink.

Total cost: $250 plus about 3 years off of life span

That ladies and germs is what my life is like every couple of weeks. I have the vet, emergency vet, and ASACP Pet Poison Control Hotline all on speed dial. It's a wonder I'm not gray yet.

No comments: