Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm proud....

I'm proud to be the family that everyone refers to as "the dog family" on my block.

I'm proud to be a mom to two fuzzy kids.

I'm proud of the fact that I have more dog beds in my house than I do floor space.

I'm proud that most of my conversations revolve around dogs or dog behaviors or something related.

I'm proud of the fact that my dog can get on the counters. 

I'm proud that I consider myself a mom even though I have no bi-peds. Who cares? I still clean up vomit and poo and wake up at all hours of the night for them. Only difference is my kids stay at the age of 4 for about 10 years. 

I'm proud that I carry on perfectly reasonable conversations with my dogs. 

I'm proud that I am fiercely loyal to their nutritional needs and will homecook their meals if necessary. 

I'm proud that I foster and give away a piece of my heart with each dog. 

I'm proud to have dog hair all over my house. It adds character. 

Most of all I'm proud to a DOGGY MAMA! Without fuzzy creatures in my life, who knows where I'd be? 



2 comments:

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Great post! I can relate to each of those. :)

texaslauren77 said...

Sounds like me! :)

And what an adorable picture of the kids!!! :)