Sunday, September 7, 2008

Is that a dog in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

The furkids and I made a trek to the dog park yesterday and I saw by far the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. 
There is this annoying dog named Buddy who frequents the park. I think he's a Basenji, but not sure. He is super smart, but terribly spoiled and if you try to get him to leave you alone he growls and snaps. Awesome. 
So this woman enters the dog park, obviously a newbie. She has treats in her pocket, which everyone who is a regular knows is not a good idea. You get 20 furry friends instantly. But I cut her some slack because she's new and it happens. Buddy starts climbing on the picnic table and trying to get in her pants, literally. Then he tries to climb into her open jumbo slurpee cup. That's right I said into. I pushed him off the table for her (he won't growl at me because I spanked him once, now he knows better) and thought all was well. I went back to throwing the ball for the obsessive one and all of sudden I hear this SHRIEK. I turn around and Buddy has jumped into her pocket (she had cargo shorts on) and is eating the treats out of her pocket. Funniest thing I have seen in forever. She starts jumping around with Buddy in her pocket and Buddy is just munching away in her shorts, no big deal. 

Best part? Buddy's owner just watched from across the park and laughed. 

No comments: