Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eating with your dog in MN?? Who knew?

Apparently in the MN it is against the law to eat outside on a restaurant patio with your dog. Judging from how many times Cody and I have met friends at Noodles in Uptown for lunch, I can tell you that I had NO idea that it was even an issue. Well now my sources say that a bill has been proposed for this session to make it legal. (I won't even go into how we're wasting our time debating the legalities of whether or not we can eat with our dogs while there are tens of thousands of dogs dying and suffering abuse in breeding facilities all over this state.) 

So I popped over to Pet Central and holy crap. Talk about the raging debate going on. I think my favorite is the person who said that she would rather eat next to a dog than the tons of badly behaved kids out there. I raise my glass in toast to you random commenter. 

As long as your dog is well-behaved then why the big deal? Cody lays underneath the table quietly, most of the time so quietly that people don't even know that he is there. I know people are going to say, "But people like you and your dog are the minority!!!" Then give waiters and managers the power to say, "Get out of my restaurant!" 

Cody and I have been to a few all dog events at a bar here in town and we have never had a problem with the 50+ dogs that show up. 

Bottom line? Let's all eat in peace and harmony people. It's not that hard. 

No comments: