Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I remember when I used to like fireworks

For those of you that have dogs I know you can relate. Up until 3 years ago I loved fireworks. My birthday is the day after the 4th so growing up I always was pretty sure that they were all for me. (What can I say? I thought my birthday was a big deal!) Then Codyman came into my life and now fireworks season has turned our lives into a living hell. Not only has it turned Cody into a quivering mass of nerves but it turns me into that screaming Mom that I always told myself I would never be. You know the one. The one that kills everyone's fun because her precious baby is scared. Yeah, that one. Starting July 1st my neighbors started shooting off the little tiny fireworks you can get at Target. Thus started the longest week of my life. Every time one of those suckers goes off Cody tries to bury himself into my skin. Not to mention the tinkling, cuz that is always a lot of fun. This results in me wanting to yell at every one of my neighbors that they need to have more respect. Which earns me so much respect with my neighbors I'm sure.  Then at my mom's cabin he broke through the door to escape the fireworks resulting in the most terrifying 30 minutes of my life. Needless to say, sleep was elusive for a week.

I was talking to DH later and he looked at me wistfully and said, "Do you remember when fireworks were pretty?" *Sigh* I do honey, I do. 

No comments: