Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Can I take him for a test drive?"

That is what a man, C, asked me on Monday when he came to look at Jack. He seemed like a really nice man and could be a perfect fit for Big Jack. Of course I'm pretty Jack could sense that this guy might take him away and did his best to look like a comatose piece of Jello. Great. Thanks pal. But back to my story. 

So C and I are chatting and hanging out with Jack in the front yard and all of sudden C goes, "Do you mind if I take him for a test drive and kick the tires a little bit?"

Huh?

I'm sure I looked like such an idiot, because I know I stared at him for a full 30 seconds with my mouth wide open. Seriously? Seriously.

I managed to stutter, "uh, yeah sure. Don't go to far I guess..."

I just sat there in an utter stupor going, Hmmm do I really want to give "my" dog to someone who talks about him like he's buying a used car??? 

He brought him back and said he needed to confer with his wife on the whole thing. He was a bit concerned on whether or not Jack was too laidback. (thanks for the Jack...) In my head I said, "oh buddy, you just wait until he is tearing around your house at 2am trying to play..."

Bottom line: C and his wife may be coming back tonight to check Jack out and see if they want to take him. Still not sure how I feel about it, but we'll see I guess. 

DH asked later if I would be this particular if I was adopting him out. 

I had to think about it. 

2 comments:

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I'm crossing my fingers that this is a good match!

Ferndoggle said...

Sounds like a typical guy comment. Men & their cars...

Hope it works out.

jen