Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yeehaw! Cowgirl is here!



Miss Cowgirl is here! We're still working on changing her name thank god. Can I just tell you how stupid I feel saying her name in public? To add insult to injury I have had 3 different people tell me how cute her name is. Seriously?! I digress. 
Cowgirl is cute as a bug in a rug. She's 10 and an absolute dollface. She's 41.5 pounds ( a far cry from the 60 pounds of pure muscle that was Jack) and very short. She's  a Golden mixed with something else. Something short. Her favorite thing to do is lay around and play dead. I'm serious. Sometimes I forget she's even here. The one challenge (oh yeah like I honestly thought I would get off easy after Jack) is that she is deaf. Not a big deal, until you compound it with the fact that she has never learned a trick. Sooooo that means I'm using my rusty sign language skills from college. Now you kno
w that if you see a lady walking down the street that appears to be both talking to herself AND signing to herself, she is not in fact crazy. It's just me. For the most part Cody was ignoring her, until God decided to go bowling th
is morning at 4am and throw Cody into an apocalyptic fit. So Cowgirl very quietly got up from her bed and walked over to Cody, lic
ked his face and his ears then laid dow
n behind him and put her paw on  his head. Like she was saying, "Chill dude, there's bigger things to worry about." He chilled and we all went back to sleep. Had it not been 4am I would have taken a picture. 

3 comments:

texaslauren77 said...

Awww! What a sweet girl she is! I'm so glad that she gets along with Cody and is even helping him with his fear of Thunder!! I swear, if I didn't live in an apartment where I have reached the limit of dogs allowed, I'd drive all the way from Texas to adopt her myself!!! :) Maybe she'd be a calming influence on Sally! ;)

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

She seems so sweet!! And what a drastically different set of challenges you face with her compared to Jack. ..never a dull moment!

PLEASE rename her soon, lol. No dog should have to go through life named Ms. Cowgirl. Thankfully she can't hear it.

Patience-please said...

what a sweetheart. Wasn't Audra a cowgirl? Sounds like a prettier name to me.