Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why am I so nervous??

Man am I nervous. And what for? It's not like I'm in the path of Faye or anything dramatic like that. No. I am nail-biting nervous because I was given 19 choices for our next foster dog and now I'm sitting here second guessing my choice. Arg. This is what having options does to me. It throws me into a whirlwind of second guessing chaos. 
I chose Cowgirl (an awful name I know, we'll be changing that) a 12 year old Golden with arthritis who lives outside and has forever. For those of you who are aware of the climate in MN you know that being outside when it is 30 BELOW ZERO is not so good for the arthritis. I debated forever before I chose her, and now I'm all worried that Cody won't like her, she's too old for him to play with, he's going to pout and hate me forever. (No, I am not projecting my emotions....) I'm sure it will be fine. 

My whining wasn't supposed to be the whole point of this post. The point was supposed to be that we currently have 18 dogs on the waiting list and a ton more waiting in the wings to even be on the list. I swear most of them are either from foreclosures or divorce. I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours swimming in dogs. And not in a good way either. 

Just makes me glad that I have my own fuzzbutt whose space in our house will always be guaranteed. 

1 comment:

texaslauren77 said...

Awww...don't worry. You're doing a great thing choosing Cowgirl, and she will return the favor in golden retriever love. My golden, Harry, loves everyone...really isn't a mean bone in his body. I'm sure she and Cody will do just fine. And, having a younger dog around might perk her up and help her feel younger than she really is, despite the arthritis. Whoever could leave a poor creature outside in those cold temperatures should be shot!!! But, don't worry...everything will be fine and y'all will do a great job giving her a loving foster home. :)