Monday, May 26, 2008

Ah Memorial Day...that wonderful long weekend

Oh the extended weekend. How I love thee. Three day of nothing to do but futz around and spend time with my two boys. This was the first weekend DH had off in 2 months. That in and of itself was awesome. Cody and I spent most of Friday and Saturday digging in the garden. Or more appropriately I was digging and re-planting the garden and Cody was diligently trying to convince me to throw his frisbee over and over and over and over again. Let me tell you, it gets rather difficult to shovel dirt when every 2 minutes a frisbee appears in your dirt pile. After an hour of his desparate attempts to convince me to throw it, he resorted to setting it on my head when I was trying to plant my flowers. Oh the fun never stops. I'll post pics tomorrow.

The other random thing was our participation in a photo shoot for startseeingblackdogs.org.
Cody was selected to be a spokesmodel (spokesdog?) for a new org promoting black dogs and helping shelters out with the resources to adopt out more black dogs. It was interesting to say the least. DH took some photos, I'll post em' later. They really liked it when they figured that Cody will backflip for waves. I'm sure we'll get some gems. Now I can say that it's not just me that thinks he's cute.

Man I feel like this post is boring. Sorry about that. Creativity not flowing tonight. I hope to be wittier tomorrow. We'll have to see about that.

No comments: