Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cool water training trick

I found this neat water training trick over at Welcome to the Happy Haus. Pretty cool for those of us that have dogs that abhor water and after 4 years still can't swim (that may or may not be me....). So I stole it from Charity and am posting it here. But I don't feel that bad, because she stole it from someone else. :)

She took pieces of hot dog and held them underneath the water to help her newfies get used to putting their faces under the water. Then she laid the hot dog pieces under the water and sent her newfies bobbing for hot dogs! I've got to try this. Cody absolutely HATES water of any kind on his head. Which is random considering his dominant breed is that of a water dog. But hey, I'm not judging. This is the dog that has given himself bladder infections from holding it for 36 hours because it was raining. We finally bought him a rain jacket with a hood so he will go potty when it rains. Any trick to help him acclimate to the water is much much appreciated. So go check Charity's blog and try it out. I promise to post pics or video once I try it out. It's guaranteed for at least a few laughs. 

No comments: