Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Constant Battle - Husband vs. Wife

Almost any female animal rescuer knows my pain. You know what I am talking about... I always want to take on one more and he says hell no! I just can't help it, I love to help any homeless dog no matter the inconvenience or problems they cause in our life. I want to fix them and make them happy and find them a better place to call home. Intellectually I know that I can't save them all, but I sure as hell can try. This is where the conundrum comes in. How do you balance family life and fosters? How do I keep my husband happy and still do what I love? Will it ever stop being a struggle between man and dog? Probably not. But I've got to do what makes me happy and maybe he can get used to it. Wishful thinking I know...

But if fighting with my husband means saving a life, maybe it's worth it.....

No comments: